Here is a list of the key benefits of role play in Early Years.
- Develops communication and language skills,
- Allows children to act out and make sense of real-life situations,
- Allows children to explore, investigate and experiment,
- Develops social skills as children, collaborate with others,
- Encourages children to empathises: by taking on the role of character teaches children an understanding of different perspectives,
- Helps children learn about different cultures,
- Encourages children to express their ideas and feelings in a relaxed environment,
- Develops children’s awareness of themselves and others,
- Gets children learning more as learning is disguised as play,
- Sparks creativity and imagination.
How can you take the importance of role play and incorporate it into other subjects?